Make your own photo ropes
Individual magnetic ropes that appeal to all ages
Online since: 27/11/2007, Number of visits: 202940
Individual magnetic ropes as giftsMy last year's Christmas Craft Project was to make a magnetic rope, from which to hang photos, notes, cards etc. for each member of my family. For the purpose, I was looking for different small objects that would match the personality or taste of the recipient, and that I could use to transform them into decorative magnets with your super magnets.
- Metal wire * (e.g. accelerator cable from moped)
- Small, personal objects, such as shells, animals, stones, etc.
- Neodymium disc magnets **
- Adhesive UHU MAX REPAIR
- Decorative weights
* Tip for the purchase of metal wire: Bring a small magnet to the home improvement store and test the wire for its magnetic power!
** Depending on the size of the objects, use disc magnets in different sizes and heights. Special recommendation: Discs 10x3 mm.
The making of photo ropes
- Cut wire to the desired length
- Create a loop on one end of the wire so that the wire can be hung from the wall or ceiling.
- On the other end, attach a decorative weight so the wire it will hang straight.
- Glue the magnets on the back of of the small objects and let them dry.
It was a lot of fun to create these gifts and they were also very well received!
I used disc magnets of various sizes and heights, depending on the size of the object.
Note from the supermagnete team: If you don't want to make your own ropes, you can purchase photo ropes from our shop and use the magnets that come with them for decoration. Even more convenient: Select a ready-to-go photo rope with fun deco magnets.
The entire content of this site is protected by copyright.
Copying the content or using it elsewhere is not permitted without explicit approval.