Solar motor with levitating rotor
Little by little a Mondocino motor develops - fascinating!
Project 356 - Online since: 19/05/2010, Number of visits: 94326
The first piece of the rotor is done. Later, the coil wire will be wound into the notches in the corners.
The solar panel is mono-crystalline and has a maximum current of approx. 200 mA at a voltage of approx. 0,5 V.
This translates into a maximum power of approx. 0,1 Watt.
The match shows the small dimensions of the motor.
Here you can see the completely glued rotor. The axle is made of Plexiglas, because I couldn't find round polycarbonate rods.
I glued a steel sphere (1,2 mm diameter) into the peak (right).
It is hardened and provides a long life expectancy with little wear and tear.
I put two R-10-04-05-N ring magnets on the front and the back of the rotor respectively.
I used a Q-40-20-05-N block magnet for a stator, which I embedded and glued into a Plexiglas plate.
On this picture you can see the dark wood inlaid work (marquetry) pretty well, which I used for aesthetic reasons.
I embedded a small wooden plate and a tiger's-eye on the side. This semi-precious stone constitutes the counter bearing to the steel sphere of the rotor. That's basically an inlaid work in the inlaid work.
The stone has a Mohs hardness of 6-7. So, it should last for a while when the rotor peak rests on it.
The entire content of this site is protected by copyright.
Copying the content or using it elsewhere is not permitted without explicit approval.